and mental wellbeing for children and young people
For the time being sessions will continue to be online but we hope to have some events face to face from the beginning of 2022.
Following the success of the DfE funded Weathering the Storm sessions last year we are delighted to say we have received additional DfE funding for 2021 / 2022 and will continue to offer FREE training for ALL School Staff; Governors and colleagues supporting MH & WB in schools. Find out more
Once a place has been allocated, you will receive an automated confirmation email with further details. Please check your spam folder as these do not necessarily deliver to an inbox.
Protective Behaviours Foundation Training
Protective Behaviours 2 Day Foundation Course
At the heart of a Whole School, trauma informed, Approach to wellbeing is ‘safety’ and creating a physical and emotional safe space for all, where connection and relationships can flourish, and all children and young people feel they belong.
- helps develop emotional literacy, enabling us to ‘name and tame’ feelings
- develops self-confidence
- builds practical skills and strategies
- helps individuals to ‘thrive and survive’ in an adventurous, rather than a ‘risk averse’, approach, to life
- contributes to a PSHE curriculum
- supports work on Child Exploitation Awareness and digital resilience
- provides a focus on children’s rights
The PBs 2 Day Foundation course is for anyone who lives and/or works with children & young people. The Foundation Course introduces the 5 elements of the PB process and provides opportunities to experience the 7 strategies in action.
- Day 1 will unfold the PBs Process
- Day 2 will focus on how PBs in the context of a WSA to wellbeing and can be applied in your work / settings
There will be a display featuring a range of wellbeing books and resources to support a WSA; trauma informed practice; children’s rights; PSHE and more (across both primary and secondary) - as well as PBs of course!
1st July 2022
#1 - 09:30 to 16:00
St Erme Community Centre