and mental wellbeing for children and young people
Learning & Legacy Networking Day for schools Postponed NOT Cancelled - Watch this space!
19 March 2020 09.30 - 16.00, St Erme / Trispen Community Centre, Truro
HSK Leads, colleagues and members of SLT from secondary schools, special schools and APAs.
- To bring secondary schools together to celebrate share learning / good practice from HSK.
- Enable schools to network and make contacts with each other.
- To capture learning / good practice as part of the Headstart Legacy support resilience and mental wellbeing for students in the future.
- To ensure that schools have access to up to date information about HSK and about local support / opportunities from a range of partners / organisations.
- Be able to identify the things schools would like to see as part of the legacy post HSK.
Schools will be front & centre throughout the day.
All schools will be asked to share their learning & experiences in a variety of ways (including short presentations / taking part in workshops and/or case studies).
Facilitated by Dr Pooky Knightsmith, Mental Health Educator, Speaker, Author, Adviser
Pooky will help us focus on a Whole School Approach throughout the day.
Guest speaker inspirational trainer and artist Ellie Baker
Ellie has been a great friend of Headstart since the very beginning.
Young People from @HSKYouth will help run things during the day including a fun 5 Ways to Wellbeing experience at lunchtime.
The whole day will captured, shared and followed up so that learning from Headstart in Cornwall is widely shared and acted on.
We would love to see every setting represented at the event. Please come along to share learning, have your say about the legacy and celebrate all the terrific things you’ve been doing!
Any questions - get in touch
Headstart Good Practice / Network
During Y3 we’d like to help school staff share the terrific good practice and excellent resources you have created. If
- you’d like to share anything with colleagues from other schools
- you have a question / query that you think colleagues could help with
- want to check what others think about a resource / training course
Headstart Kernow Support and Ideas - Facebook Group
You could join our closed Facebook Group (Headstart Kernow Support and Ideas) which is co-hosted by Pooky Knightsmith and is already buzzing with conversations and ideas...