and mental wellbeing for children and young people
Wellbeing Webinars Phase Two
Themed Sessions Spring / Summer 2021
The sessions in part two will cover specific topics including:
- A chance to reflect together on the role of supporting children, young people, and families, within the context of a pandemic.
- Developing awareness of the impact of the pandemic on ourselves as professionals, on our own wellbeing, secondary trauma, and an increased understanding of professional vulnerabilities.
- Highlighting the importance of professional commitment to self-care, individually and as a whole organisational approach, and some strategies.
- Understand the features of low mood and anxiety
- Supporting recovery from low mood and anxiety
- Supporting recovery using the 5 R’s approach
- Introduction to models and approaches that support anxiety and low mood that compliment the 5 R’s
- Increasing knowledge of support and signposting
- In this webinar we will provide some general knowledge about stress and trauma in relation to children and adults within the school context. We will share some practical approaches and resources to support teachers to meet these needs, particularly in the current context
- The session will provide a brief overview of what is emotional based school avoidance is, including risk and protective factors and supportive strategies to consider as part of a whole school approach
- The context of bereavement and loss during the pandemic
- How schools can plan for supporting bereaved students and staff on return to ‘some normality’
- A time to share with each other – feelings, tips, resources
- To consider what more you need
Let us know if there are topics that you would like to see covered.