and mental wellbeing for children and young people
The Cornwall Wellbeing Hub Training and Support 2022 / 23
New training / support for schools will be available this year as free webinars / online courses / on demand sessions / e-learning and after a long old break - face to face.
Planned sessions include:
"Everybody's Business..." - a 10 session introduction to wellbeing for school support staff
A Whole School Approach to Wellbeing is 'Everybody's Business'
This FREE series of 10 webinars (given live and then available on demand on the Cornwall Wellbeing Hub) will provide school support staff (and anyone else in the school community who is interested!) with some insights to support confidence and practical tools / ideas to use in your day to day interactions with C&YP.
Sessions will be delivered by local and national speakers in partnership with Pooky Knightsmith & Creative Education. Each session lasts 45 mins with 15 mins for questions / comments.
Attendees will be able to access to recordings / slides / notes and additional resources via the Cornwall Wellbeing Hub. Anyone who attends all 10 sessions will receive a Certificate of Learning. Attendees can also pick and mix sessions.
- Simple skills for emotional regulation and co-regulation
- Using play, storytelling and puppets to understand, explore and express difficult feelings
- Relational approaches to understanding and supporting children labelled as ‘Badly Behaved'
- What’s around in Cornwall to support schools support wellbeing?
- Understanding and responding to attachment difficulties in 4–11-year-olds
- An introduction to ‘Emotion coaching’ to support children to recognise and manage overwhelming emotions
- Supporting children with parents or siblings with mental health issues
- Supporting children with Autistic Spectrum Condition in Schools
- How to recognise a good and helpful Social Story and how to adapt it for the person you want to explain something to
- Supporting children who’ve experienced loss or bereavement
- Understanding and Supporting Emotionally Based School Avoidance
*There is a focus on primary schools but support staff in secondary settings will find some of the sessions appropriate and are welcome to attend any or all sessions.
Everybody's Business is also available on demand on the Cornwall Wellbeing Hub (webinar recordings / slides / resources / links)
We will be offering a wide range of courses / training sessions based on supporting a Whole School, trauma informed and relational Approach to wellbeing. New for 2022 we will be offering some face to face courses / webinars and other online training as well on demand sessions via the refreshed, new look, Cornwall Wellbeing Hub. Look for training on:
Protective Behaviours - ‘safety’ is at the heart of a WSA - creating a physical and emotional safe space for all, where connection and relationships can flourish, and all children and young people feel they belong. The PB process explores how an individual can keep themselves safe and what, if they are not feeling safe, they can do about it”.
The fabulous Lemonade Project - individual / small group support for young people struggling with their wellbeing
Find dates and booking form at:
Page last updated: 26 April 2023