and mental wellbeing for children and young people
Parents and Carers Wellbeing Series
Public Health Cornwall and HeadStart Kernow would like to share with you an exciting new programme of support for parents and carers across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
As you will be aware there continues to be a concerted effort to ensure that children and young people are provided with information, experiences and resources to help them make informed decisions about their health and wellbeing. We believe it is crucial that parents and carers are also made aware of this learning, understand the support available and feel confident to constrictively engage in conversations that are fundamental to their child’s wellbeing. While supporting parents and carers is complex we strive to promote a system that “thinks family”. The programme seeks to equip, enable and empower parents and carers with knowledge and skills that help make sense of their own lived experience as well as that of their child.
A series of themed multimedia workshops are dedicated to expanding understanding in an everchanging world; raising awareness of services and support and promoting constructive, informed conversations. These sessions will be recorded and available here the day after the live event.
The Wellbeing Series
1. Introductory session: An Introduction to the parents & carers to the wellbeing series.
2. Supporting Parents/Carers and Children Emotionally
3. Dad Pad – The role of fathers and male role models in the care of children. How to engage dad’s/male carers
4. Practical help and support for parenting during this challenging time: navigating local services / who does what?
5. Supporting families through transition
6. Healthy Relationships: Promoting positive healthy relationships including during times of challenge
7. Online safety / social media: How to stay safe in the virtual world / Online resilience tool
8. Exploitation: See (CE) the signs campaign
9. Why self-care is important in maintaining good emotional health and wellbeing
10. Loss and Grief: Supporting Communication and Connection
Running from 07/06/2021 for 5 weeks, 4 evenings a week (Monday - Thursday) at 7pm.
For more info please get in contact at email@example.com
11. How reading and storytelling reading helps parents and carers to talk, attune and bond to their children and support in the development of emotional and verbal literacy
12. Wellbeing and the natural world: power of Blue and Green spaces – ‘The healing power of nature’
13. Sexual Health – ‘Growing Pains, Sex and Puberty’ what is RSE?
14. Myth busting and support for self harm and thoughts of suicide
15. ‘Teen Talk, why talking with your teenager is important’; importance of language
16. ‘The impact on health and wellbeing from overuse of Drugs and Alcohol’
17. Gender identity – ‘Who am I?’
18. ‘Why Inclusion helps with our sense of belonging’
19. 'Understanding Children’s Rights’
20. Q&A Session