and mental wellbeing for children and young people
WSA Working with Parents & Carers
Key question: How does the school work in partnership with parents and carers to promote emotional health and wellbeing?
- Engage parents and carers and develop positive relationships
- Help parents and carers feel welcome and safe in school
- Inform parents and carers of school policies etc. to support pupil wellbeing
- Signpost parents and carers to information / services to help them help their children's wellbeing
- Signpost parents and carers to information / services to support their own wellbeing.
Six Litmus Tests (Pooky Knightsmith)
(5) Parents and Carers Positively Engage With My School
Engaging parents and carers in a meaningful way is something that sets some schools apart from others. It’s not easy, and I’ve been really impressed by the innovative approaches that some schools I’ve
worked with have taken in order to get this right, whilst parental engagement may be difficult, it really does reap dividends when done well.
Prompts and Resources
Page last updated: 4 November 2021