and mental wellbeing for children and young people
The Strange and Curious Guide to Trauma by Sally Donovan
"Sally Donovan has created an important and accessible book that sheds light on the often difficult-to-approach subject of trauma. A brilliant book for children and those who care for them".
Poppy O'Neill, Author
Sally's wonderful book is written for children and young people but it is also for all of us - school staff, parents and carers, practitioners...
In a world where C&YP face ever increasing challenges to their wellbeing understanding more about the effects of trauma and relational approaches is 'Everybody's Business'. Sally's book provides a brilliant resource to to help us all share that understanding.
Don't take our word for it - request a free copy
We think this book is a super resource for schools and we are pleased to have free copies to share with schools and settings in Cornwall. Contact us to find out how to get a copy.
Come and see Sally In Cornwall talking about "The Strange and Curious Guide to Trauma"
You are invited to "A Strange and Curious Afternoon" as part of the Cornwall Schools' Wellbeing Hub face to face networking sessions. Everyone who supports C&YP wellbeing is welcome.
12th May 2023 13.00 - 17.30 (Drop in - see times of specific sessions below)
"A Strange and Curious Afternoon"
For this session we are delighted to welcome Sally Donovan, Author of the fabulous "The Strange and Curious Guide to Trauma". Sally will be offering 2 sessions:
- Using "Strange and Curious..." as part of Whole School CPD (13.45 - 14.45)
- 'Book Club' - An informal Q&A with Sally about the book. (15.30 - 16.00)
- Attendees will receive a free copy of "Strange and Curious..."
- Meet & network with colleagues from schools and others' supporting wellbeing
- Display of resources / books etc.
- Demonstrations of our online interactive training / on-demand webinars
Questions? Contact us
Page last updated: 17 April 2023