and mental wellbeing for children and young people
WSA Curriculum, Teaching & Learning
Key question: What focus is given within the curriculum to social and emotional learning and promoting personal resilience, and how is learning assessed?
- Understanding need / listening to YP voice to help inform the curriculum
- Implementation of statutory PSHE framework
- Supporting all C&YP to understand neuroscience / brain development
- identify opportunities across the curriculum (and in extra-curricular activities) for SEL
- Social & Emotional Learning: Self-care / help-seeking / self-soothing strategies
- How to survive and thrive online
- understanding and assessing risk and safety
- building resilience - confidence, self-esteem, problem solving skills.
Prompts and Resources
Page last updated: 26 April 2023